Senior R&D Meat Technologist
The role will involve supporting the Commercial team in the development of new products both in-house and from client briefs, but will involve trouble shooting process issues that arise with different meat products, identifying the ingredient solution that will work synergistically with the process methodology to remedy the issue in hand.
As a company we engage with a lot of clients that manufacture raw and cooked meats, were product quality and productivity output is continually challenged in specific areas such brine injection formulations, process tumbling, optimisation of cooking yields, cooked meat slicing yields, meat drip loss control, shelf life enhancement, texture improvements, colour , flavour , and the application of coating systems for meat products including the application of difference flavoured glazes.
The role will have the following duties:
- Lead R&D projects from initial brief to product completion
- Carry out in-house and external trials were applicable.
- Development of new product ranges for the processed meat sector primarily
- Lead customer presentations (new ideas, sales visits, various issues…)
- Manage and train junior staff
- Documentation of all trial/sample information/specification/costing
- Liaise with suppliers in terms of information and samples
- Support technical sales staff in terms of samples and customer queries
- The ideal candidate will have a food science degree with 5-10 years’ experience in a similar role ideally in the processed meat industry.
- Exemplify excellent project management and leadership skills, ensuring projects are executed and completed on time.
- Ability to motivate and ensure the team are challenged at all times.
- Excellent communication skills, keeping all relevant people fully up to speed with project progressions and sample dispatch timings.
- Skillset which exemplifies confidence in meat process knowledge, ensuring high standards of credibility with customers at all times.
- Result driven individual that will be eager to execute a specific task and ensure its successfully completed to a customer`s satisfaction.
- Team leader qualities, and good time management skills.
Please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org